The ISNS Executive Committee invites papers for presentation and discussion at its annual workshop to be held next at Birkbeck – University of London (March 16–17, 2018). Papers are welcomed on any aspect of Nietzsche’s philosophical thought.
Workshop attendance and participation will both be limited by invitation, but anyone, irrespective of rank, is eligible to submit a paper, and we particularly welcome submissions from women and minorities. ISNS will fund the travel and lodging of those whose papers are selected. The format of the workshop will favor discussion; papers will be circulated to attendees in advance, and two-hour sessions will begin with a brief summation, after which they will be devoted to discussion among participants.
All submissions should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Since selected papers will be published in a special issue of the journal Inquiry, submissions should be in English.
- Papers should not exceed 10,000 words (including footnotes) and should be formatted in a standard font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins. Consult The Chicago Manual of Style on other matters of style and citation.
- Authors should send TWO files: (1) Use file name 'LASTNAME cover' for a one-page document containing only (i) the title of the paper, (ii) author's name, (iii) institutional affiliation and (iv) e-mail address, and (v) a 250-word abstract. (2) Use file name 'LASTNAME CFP' for the main submission; please include the title and abstract on the first page of the paper.
- Papers should contain nothing that identifies either author(s) or institution(s), including any references in the endnotes or bibliography that would betray the identity of the author. Submissions not suitably anonymized will be returned or rejected.
- Send papers as either Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf) attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Notification: The Committee will endeavor to notify authors of accepted papers by December 31, 2017.